Sunday Plants at the Hannoversche Pflanzentage!

I'm so glad I made time to go out to the Hannoversche Pflanzentage! It was in our city park, Hannover Stadtpark (Stadt means City), and was unbelievably beautiful. I took loads of photos with my Canon but a few with Instagram which you can see below. The weather has been absolute perfection - finally NO jackets and sandals - Yay!

My Sunday

After browsing over 85 booths (!) filled with everything from exotic plants to live fish and water plants, to bonsai and many gorgeous varieties of protea... my husband and I walked through the Zoo district, and then had a late organic lunch at Zuruck Zum Gluck and finally, walked through the forest and came home. We only live 1.6km from the Stadtpark, so we just walked and it was wonderful to be out and active. The best part is, we walked 7.5km total so we got loads of great exercise. Love that.

My Sunday

My Sunday
I'm happy that in the past two days, I walked 13.5km - that's 8.38 miles. I'm really proud of myself, I felt like I barely moved between January - this weekend - it's been so cold and terrible - so I'm ready for a really active summer and autumn. BRING IT.

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! And by the way... the photo of the tile was taken from a shop window, I leaned against the glass - I LOVE old German tile and hope to have my entry tiled like this someday. Also, see that house? That is my dream house. I dream of buying it. It is currently loved and lived in by a big family who seems to be staying for awhile but I tell ya, the second a FOR SALE sign pops up I'm going to do whatever it takes to buy it. Unless I find another dream house by then. We'll see - I want to buy a home here so bad but it's been hard finding what we both love IN Hannover - we don't want to live outside of the city - and we're hoping to either live in List or Zoo. Fingers and toes crossed for this dream to come true. I want an old house I can fix up and bring my Holly style to with a small backyard for a veggie/herb garden, English-style flower garden and a patio for eating outside and a little shed for gardening... We'll see! :) I have to keep working hard to afford my dream, but let's see if I can make it.

(photos: holly becker)

Comments

Susanne said…
today we are gone very similar paths :-) enjoy the beautiful Sunday evening
Unknown said…
Lovely post, I especially love the tiles :) LJ
diana said…
You'll get a dream house one day, I'm sure!!

Popular Posts