Holly Beckers Wunderbare Wohnideen

I'm so excited to announce that my English book, Decorate Workshop, has been translated and given a new title, "Holly Beckers Wunderbare Wohnideen" and just released here in Germany. I'm very happy about this. Even nicer though is that some bloggers are grouping together to celebrate the launch of my book and are working with my publisher to feature a series of book reviews throughout the next few weeks. I am VERY excited about this and will share all of their reviews on Haus Maus with links to their blogs. The first lovely review came from Bine Guellich from the blog was eigenes. She took beautiful photos for her blog and gave the book a great review. You can read it here.

wunderbare wohnideen decorate workshop was eigenes

It means a lot to me to have German girls reading, reviewing and being inspired by my books. My first book, Decorate, was released here under the title, "Lust auf Wohnen", and became a bestseller in Germany which was very surprising to me. I wondered if Germans would really understand or like my aesthetic and viewpoints on design and decorating since I am definitely an American girl with lots of Scandinavian, Australia and California influence in my design ideas along with a dash of London style as its eclecticism makes me happy and I love ironic Brits can be with decor. I am completely honored that many Germans have embraced my style, my blog, my books, my classes... And so many wonderful bloggers here are reaching out to me, helping to share what I do with the German speaking community online. Germany is my new home - we are planning to buy property here and I want to open a shop within the next few years - so having open arms from the design community makes me very, very happy. It encourages me. It tells me that moving over from America was a good decision. An expat needs that confirmation from time to time. To know they did the right thing to relocate and make a new life in a foreign country. Thank you Bine for your beyond beautiful post about my new book today. My birthday is on Thursday so this was an early present and so appreciated. xo (image: bine geullich)

Comments

Thank you so much, Holly, for sharing my article & picture!

Have a great day, Bine

Popular Posts