Flea Market Loot

This morning I hit the flohmarkt down at the Leine river and it was surprisingly packed and loaded with new sellers. I found all of this loot below for around 20-Euros. Everything is vintage and in great condition and aside from finding these things, the warm sunshine and gorgeous weather only enhanced my visit.

Flea Market Loot

It was a lot to fun to roam around from table to table up and down both sides of the river, and to stop for a drink and listen to the accordion player as I went. My grandparents and great grandparents played accordion so I grew up listening to it and really love this instrument despite how often it is dismissed up against the more mainstream ones. It is very hard to play, I tried!

The hangers were .40 each and handmade by the little old man's wife who sold them to me. I couldn't resist for two reasons: they will hold my shirts better than the plain wooden ones that I use currently and they are really cute (okay and super affordable!)

Flea Market Loot

I love the vintage lace doily against that lovely federal blue framed in black, don't you?

Flea Market Loot

The English creamer was one I'd been looking for since my London trip in May when I had coffee at Cocomaya, they had tons of these and I fell in love with their quirky faces. The marmalade porcelain jar is vintage too - it will look nice on the shelf in my kitchen with my tea tins and things...

All of these sweet finds will be packed away now and stored until the day when we move into our permanent home as I have no room for them here. Bye bye cute things, until we meet again!


(images: holly becker for haus maus)

Comments

Words and Eggs said…
Loving the hangers. Dearly. :) Great finds!
Traveling Mama said…
The Danes seem to love their flea markets as well because I have been to two so far! I found a vintage rolling pin (which was really a practical purchase because I NEED one!) and a vintage printing press drawer that I almost fainted over! LOL! I didn't care if the guy spoke English or not- we were going home with that one! Thankfully he did speak English and it is ready and waiting to be filled with STUFF when our things come. I also nearly dies when the anthropologie ad came in my inbox with almost an exact replica!

Anyways! I love seeing your loot! It's a bit like getting to shop with you! Enjoy your weekend!
Alison Gibbs said…
What great finds. Love the hangers and you are right they do look really cute
Alison
Im incredibly jealous of the hangers!! really cute! great buys!!
jacqueline said…
These are such wonderful loot! I really like that English creamer and the marmalade porcelain! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!
emma said…
lovely finds. the hangers are my favorite so practical but also whimsical!
Dumbwit Tellher said…
You scored beautifully. I use to hate those crocheted hangers & now I covet them. Hope you have a lovely new week ahead ~
Anonymous said…
hi holly
i love your blog, but i find the new font really hard to read. it seems very light against a light background. it could be darker/thicker.
Juliette said…
Great finds! I'm really looking forward to visiting some flea markets this summer on our trip. It seems the bigger, the city the better the loot!
Hi Holly! What awesome finds! I've been meaning to try and crochet some -- might have to use these as inspiration. Just love the colors. :) And that doily is so sweet.

AND! Love the new look for you blog, so clean + fresh!
Anonymous said…
Hi! I've been a big fan of Decor8 and can't believe I this is the first I've learned of haus maus!

I've been sitting here enjoying it...but can I make a suggestion?

Your posts are really hard to read all typed out in one clump. It would be great if you could break up the paragraphs.

The whole point of blogs is to communicate with your readers. But having no paragraph breaks, just huge chunks of hundreds of words, some (many?) of us just give up reading in the middle of it.

Thanks for considering it!
lori said…
Holly-
I have a passion for flea markets, thrift stores, garage sales, etc., etc. and so LOVE seeing your finds! I especially love your hangers...my aunt used to crochet hanger covers just like those, and so I really have a soft spot for them! In fact, I still have a couple that I treasure...and yes, they do function really well for those strappy tops or boatnecks tha seem to slip off the regular ones. I really envy the great vintage things you must find in Europe! That must be great, since they hang on to their past so much better than we do! Lori
Nauli said…
Looks like you found a great fleemarket there. Love the hangers! They really push me to make some of my own if I find some time...
the trousse said…
I cannot wait to see your new home; I will be looking for that quirky creamer in your images! He is making me giggle, nice find!
claire said…
Flea markets are LOVE! Such wonderful finds. I really like the hangers!
Liebe Holly,
danke für deinen Besuch bei mir!
Ich kenne deinen Blog deco 8 schon lange und ich liebe es! "Hollymaus" habe ich gerade entdeckt und gefällt mir geanuso gut!
Warst du die Joggerin in meinem Laden, die das Pferdchenbuch gekauft hat?
Vielen Dank, dass du mich verlinkt hast! Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen Urlaub! Éva
Kristel said…
Lovley lot! I want those hanger!
Anonymous said…
Those hangers are so cute! I'll have to visit Hannover some time soon
and time it so I can go to this fabulous fleamarket where you keep finding these treasures...
You got some great finds. Especially the framed lace and sugar and creamer. It'll be great to have them in your new house
Terri said…
English creamer? Here in England we call them Toby jugs
The creamers used to be known as "Toby's"; not sure why. I've an Aunt that has a huge collection of both human and animal Toby's.
Cute coat hangers, what's old is new again, eh?
Laura said…
Nice hangers, and only 40 cents each, what a deal!
Laura in Ludwigsburg
Anonymous said…
the hangers are such a fantastic find! to think that someone lovingly made the colorful covers for each one... so neat!!
Katie Bee said…
I love the English creamer :)
I'm taking a literary fairy tale class right now, and it reminds me of one of the tales we just read--a boy had a golden stein with a similar sort of face that, when melted down because the poor boy had no money, transformed into a little dwarfen king who aided the boy in changing his fortunes. It's called "the black brothers." I love objects like that, so quirky and with a bit of mystery to them.

Popular Posts