Nice/Nice Gallery in Hannover

I just found Nice/Nice accidentially while reading Shops Hannover and was surprised to learn that they are located in Hannover, Germany where I also live part-time! They're in Hannover Linden (Deisterstr. 55) and just opened in October. They feature young and up-and-coming artists who are part of the local and international urban art scene.

Nice/Nice Hannover

They host monthly events that include live performances, art installations, a DJ from time to time (Hey, it's Germany, a DJ is part of everything!) and refreshments. They're also on Flickr in case you are interested in adding them as a contact. I love seeing places like this popping up in Hannover, I'd love to see more and more emerging artists find a home in this city and to also find support and customers. It's important to me, I hate seeing kids leave art school and run off to Berlin or Munich or leave the country altogether to pursue jobs in America or other parts of Europe. I really want to see artists and designers support their local community more instead of running off to where the "hot" spots are. I think it's more important to build something up than to just run to where it seems to be "easy" to establish yourself. There are tastemakers and their are the followers. Be a maker. That's my philosophy. (image: nice/nice)

Comments

Traveling Mama said…
This is just SO cool! We've realized from working within the arts community here in Morocco that one of the greatest obstacles for Moroccan artists is opportunity. They have nowhere to display their art and often times lack the resources to further themselves. My husband is working with a local photographer to create a photography club for young artists. It's going to be so fun to see what they do for their exhibition!

Popular Posts