{dreaming of when}

This is not my studio space, it's a photo of someone else in their beautiful space as photographed by Rachel Whiting. It's transporting and therapeutic for me to look at it though because it is how I imagine one day sitting, working, laying out the pages of my book, exploring my passions, sipping my tea.
The only difference perhaps would be that a little furry animal would be nearby, I'd have a rather large window to glance out of (to the left I think), my floors would be natural hardwood complete with the imperfections of age, and my overhead lighting would most likely be something either very Scandinavian modern or French ornate (like a vintage chandelier). I'd also have inspirational music, maybe the soundtrack to Les Miserables or Evita, and I'd be singing along. Or classic tunes. Of course Morrissey and the occasional pop junk too. But I see this lady and think she is listening to the Amelie soundtrack so let's pretend she is for a moment. Do you hear it? I often picture things in my future like this - very, very realistic like it's already part of my life. Do you do this as well? I'm sitting there (only not in red as I really dislike wearing such a strong color) and I'm singing and working and enjoying the warm light coming through the window. This photo perfectly shows how a day in the life of Holly will soon be when I have a new studio, when I have my book idea finalized, when everything is together a bit more than it is today. I'm saving this image for my current office, tacking it on the wall over my desk. It's where I see myself. It's where I'm going. (image: rachel whiting)

Comments

I too like to keep photos or magazine articles of little dreams and whims...its funny cause we looked for a house for sooooo long and i ended up with a bedroom almost identical to a photo i cut out of a magazine a year ago... i think for someone who is visually orientated these images bury into our subconcious only to re-emerge at the right time...
Such a lovely place for creations, ideas and visions!

Have a nice weekend!
Cornelia
Desiree said…
beautiful & inspiring -- thank you for sharing!
liza said…
This will surely happen for you. You've put it out there and you will make it work. Please do share when it comes to be!
Anonymous said…
Oh I like this!
I've been cutting out magazine articles and glued them in books and filed them in foldres for inspiration since I was 16. I moved with these folders and books several times without looking at them. Last year I flipped through them and was truly amazed: i own some of the furniture and clothes and even the style of some of the houses or rooms look similar to ours. So the secret works and it was all just covered somewhere lurking to come out. Sure you'll get your pretty nook to dream and create!
love,
Yvonne
c said…
yes. i do that all the time.
Muffin said…
truly inspiring. right now i live in a basement apt that is nearly 750 ft/sq. i hope to one day have my own studio. yeah for dreams!

Popular Posts