{berlin street fashion}

I found this blog, Stil in Berlin, ages ago but seriously, this has got to be the best photo that I found over there during the past month. This is fashion fusion. It's like some of the stir-frys I make. I throw in a little of whatever is left in my refrigerator and though you'd think none of it would work together, the outcome is always better than had I followed the rules and used a recipe. This lady dresses like how I cook. I SO want to be a woman who can rock a hat like this whilst wearing THAT outfit. I love this lady. She is uber cool. Look at those tights and shoes. Rockin'. The Cardi with the belt, not for me. The ballerina skirt in black, so goth, but hmmmm it works. But for some reason it all just works. You know someone needs to have a blog where they take photos like this of really cool people and then the blog author goes recreates the outfit almost one to one and shows how the exact same outfit looks on them. This would really be a great blog. I think it would also prove a point that many of us overlook as we see people in the street like the lady above or celebs or anyone else considered a fashionista. It's all about individual taste and personality. The person wears the outfit not the other way around. Or at least that's how I see it. If I put on above outfit people would walk by, stare disapprovingly, and hand me their spare change. Your perspective, please? (image from stil in berlin - for non-german speakers stil translate style)

Comments

LittleDoodles said…
I love the whole look...I know if I tried anything like that I'd probably end up looking like a crazy bag lady...but still I think your idea of a street style dress up blog would be fantastic (unfortunately I'm not brave enough to unleash my bag lady impression on the world)
ela said…
trendy yet personal. great look :)
Juliette said…
She has the posture and strong features to pull it off. I find myself wondering what this looks like from behind. In fact, I often wonder what the belted cardi look looks like from behind, lol.

I like this though; it's a good reminder to mix up what you have. I pulled together an outfit this weekend after rearranging my drawers and re-discovering my stuff in the back. I also forced myself to wear a scarf I received as a gift and was sure I could never 'pull off', but you know what? It looked totally awesome with my re-discovered duds and I got lots of compliments that have encouraged me to do a little more wardrobe rearranging!
Sweetina said…
I like everything but the belted cardi. But i adore the edgy artsy indie feel and vibe. I am 52 and want to age this way...rather than old ladyish. Luckiy I am a jeans and tee type anyway....but would love to take it further.
Really love the idea of using what you have and augmenting an outfit with maybe one "Old new" thing from a thrift shop.
SomethingBlue said…
All I can say is, I would love to have the time (and extra creativity) to dress like this. I love the colors, textures and patterns that are pulled together here. Very eclectic and arsty!
alis said…
I can't view the picture, but there is a blog that breaks down celebrities' outfits and replaces each item with cheaper ones.

Here it is:
http://frugal-fashionistas.com/
Anonymous said…
Nice post Holly, and you're completely right about style and individuality. Two people can wear the same thing and look completely different. There are days when I like to wear strange combinations of clothes, but I'm never quite sure: does it look cool and eclectic or completely weird? I guess when you like it yourself and feel comfortable wearing it, that will show off. At least that's what I hope... ;)
Anonymous said…
Loving everything about this outfit except for the shirt. It seems a tad too frumpy for my taste, but the rest? Spot on.
Anonymous said…
I'm lovin' it! On her. That is my sister's method of dressing (the mix-it-up thing, so naturally I adore the style), but I personally don't look so great with too much going on. I mostly go for simple, basic stuff with one unique or wild thing to add drama. At least that is how it is going as I'm getting older, hehe. Great post!
Apol said…
I'm a bit of a mix-it-up, wear-whatever-and-see-how-it goes kind of girl, too, but unfortunately I never look this good! And I LOVE those shoes.
Anonymous said…
There's something appealing about this outfit, but I'm troubled by the waistline. She looks a bit thick in the middle with that belt over the cardigan, over the skirt. If Miss Model looks thick wearing that outfit, I'm fairly certain I'd look like I'm kickin' the maternity wear.
Botany's Desire said…
I love this kind of photography blogging.
Here is my favorite photography fashion blogsite :

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
Ok

People look at the hands -is it just me or is this a guy? - maybe that is why the he can pull it off with a bigger sculptural bone structure that stops "him" from looking frumpish
haus maus said…
A man? ha ha ha. Um. Hmmmm.
kadler said…
That tutu-ish skirt is to die for! Especially paired with the bright colors. She is rocking it.
Anonymous said…
Ok, this isn't exactly fashion-related, but it's Berlin-related, so I hope that counts :)
I know you've spent quite a bit of time in Berlin, and I was wondering if you've ever been to the Buchstaben Museum?? I just found out about it, and I am drooling... I posted about it on my blog because I couldn't get enough of it. If you've visited, I will be even more envious of you than I already am :)

Popular Posts