{indian ceiling}

i was so inspired today when i found this photo of a ceiling in udaipur, india photographed by Mountain Label. it's inside of the city palace and that white 'paint' you see there is not paint at all but inlaid stone. you can click on the photo to see it and also to find more photos of india there. wow. now i want to book a flight. better yet, i want to have a ceiling like this, in the exact color, in my house. perhaps my next house... we'll see. imagine laying in your bed and looking up at this at night. drool.

udaipur, india, originally uploaded by the Mountain Label.

(image from the mountain label)

Comments

Heidi Jo said…
I LOVE IT. I love the color and the designs. How perfect.
vanina said…
Having just been to Udaipur, I can confirm it is absolutely stunning, and so is the rest of Rajastan. I saw so many wonderful palaces, and strangely enough, the best ones were the ones falling apart, with just me walking around.

Also, there's some amazing home shopping going on in India! I came back with rugs, cushions, sheets, baskets, lamp shades... And decorated a big chunk of my new flat with all of it!

I'd recommend it. :)
Love it! You have the best website! Every day there's something new and something even more gorgeous! Thanks for giving my eyes a little something to smile about every single day! :)
Carrie said…
Lovely pattern. I agree, I want one in my house too, but in paint, the stone seems a bit too much work :)
Anonymous said…
Oh, and not only the ceiling please, also the walls and the doors. Just one room in the house....;)
Anonymous said…
Oh wow. I MUST have this ceiling...
Oh, SO beautiful! I love it, the colors, the pattern....*sigh*
xo
Melis
Anonymous said…
Hi, Holly,
I HAD a blue ceiling once, in my all-white bedroom. It was delicious and I never got tired of it. It was a purply, greyish blue, (quite dark, really) and I loved it.
Unknown said…
i think its a wonderful idea to travel to India..September -March is an especially nice time to travel. you will have a lot of fun and hopefully a lot of inspiration!

Popular Posts